Head of Compliance
The leadership challengeOur Head of Compliance will take on the responsibility for all compliance aspects of the
Norwegian entity and Finanstilsynet regulated companies as well as our brokerage business. We
are searching a senior Compliance Officer who has worked with investment funds (open-ended
funds, AIFs, UCITs and others, also potentially also PE/VC funds) and regulations such as
AIFMD and MIFID. The key content of the role is:
- Keeping up-to-date on Crypto / Digital Asset legislative developments in Norway and wider international regulatory developments.
- Designing and implementing a compliance program which implements the wider compliance policies and procedures into the Norwegian organization.
- Ensuring all compliance policies address the legislative requirements from Finanstilsynets applicable to the business license.
- Working alongside the parent company / wider group of companies ensuring entity governance meets all the Norwegian regulatory (Finanstilsynets) requirements.
- Approving new clients and counterparty relationships under the Norwegian and EU legislation and related compliance policies.
- Build relationships with other compliance team members around the group to build and enhance the global compliance control framework
- Ensuring all staff are trained and competent in relation to the Norwegian and EU regulations.
- Conduct thematic reviews and participate in the execution of ad hoc compliance projects.
Your backgroundThe most wanted candidates for this challenging position have 5-10 years of experience in
Compliance Officer roles within financial services or fintech, including the following qualifications:
- A strong interest in the financial services industry and a wish to get more involved in the evolving digital assets space.
- A master’s degree in business, economics, law or similar.
- Experience from working in an Exchange, Liquidity Provider, Hedge Fund, Digital Assets business or other Fund management business and regulations such as UCITS, AIFMD and MIFID.
- Substantial business knowledge and international experience would be an advantage.
- Experience in managing relationships with financial regulators and in particular Finanstilsynet.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Our value proposition to youAre you looking for a leadership challenge where you can combine your compliance knowledge
and insights with the complexity of digital assets and the regulations in the financial services
sector? Do you see yourself as one of our future executives advising and nudging the next
generation of managers within international finance and banking? The role will be based at our
headquarters in Oslo.
We offer you a chance to lead and collaborate with highly skilled and committed colleagues
building excellence and forging innovation and reaping the rewards of intensive personal and
- We believe it is easier to develop a new financial industry using blockchain than to reform the existing one. This is a unique opportunity to be part of an ambitious and fast-paced team aiming to disrupt the financial industry.
- A working environment characterized by competence, responsibility and innovation and a strong commercial culture.
- Being part of a truly diverse and international team of professionals.
- Excellent work environment with our offices in the scenic and central Tjuvholmen area of Oslo
- Possibility of making AKJ a unicorn in the hedge fund platform business and being part of something impactful.
- Competitive terms.
ContactIf you have any questions regarding the position, please contact our recruitment partner at
Head4More, Jan Petter Halvorsen (+47 952 99 077). Show interest in the position by applying via
www.head4more.com as soon as possible. All inquiries are treated confidentially.
AKJ is a rapidly expanding global conglomerate that is leading the transformation of finance. Our network of companies has driven change within financial services since 1995, and today we serve hedge fund and institutional clients in 35 countries around the world.
We believe that the financial services industry is undergoing massive change, and we have been setting the standard by reorienting ourselves as a token-driven, crypto-focused enterprise. Our core product – a turnkey, tier-one hedge fund solution for fund managers – has been redesigned for the digital assets sector. We are market leaders, but we believe that we are just getting started. AKJ also provides broking and prime broking services.
AKJ Compliance provides regulatory insights and advice within a wide range of areas to our group companies and management. In order to take the next steps in our voyage, we need a Head of Compliance to lead our main Compliance advisory team at our headquarters in Oslo, guiding AKJ’s teams in achieving their commercial goals within the frame of applicable laws and regulations.
Se alle ledige stillinger fra Head4More